– Trust CLion to take care of the routine while you focus on the important things. Knowing your code through and through, it can boost your productivity with smart and relevant code completion, instant navigation and reliable refactorings.
– It’s surprisingly easy to start a new project in CLion, and files can be added to the project in one click. CLion works with CMake, Gradle and compilation database project models. If you use a different type of project, the IDE will help you import to CMake.
– With an IDE that analyzes the context and understands your project, you can code faster than you think. Try smart completion, formatting and helpful views with code insight.
– Find your way through the code with instant navigation to a symbol, class or file. Inspect the calls or types hierarchy and easily search everywhere for nearly everything (including IDE settings).
– Save time on unnecessary typing while CLion generates code for you: from getters/setters to more complicated templates. Use refactorings to improve and clean up your code at the speed of thought.
– Write beautiful and correct code with CLion. Static analysis (including DFA) for all supported languages highlights warnings and errors in the code immediately as you type and suggests quick-fixes.
– Select one of the default editor themes or customize them to match your personal preferences. Adopt the keyboard-centric approach and select a keymap you prefer the most, or create your own easily.
– CLion is more than just an editor as it offers a powerful debugger and dynamic analysis tools to investigate and solve problems with ease, built-in Google Test, Boost.Test and Catch for unit testing, many popular VCS supported out of the box and more.
– Build, Run and Debug your application and unit tests locally or remotely in CLion. Use the debugger UI with GDB or LLDB as a backend.
– Use Valgrind Memcheck and Google Sanitizers integration to detect memory errors, data races and undefined behaviour issues. Analyze the performance of your application with the CPU Profiler integration.
– CMake is a famous cross-platform build system, widely used for C and C++ projects. Benefit from the CLion’s smart CMake support with code generation, completion and automatic target updates.
– CLion supports the Google Test, Boost.Test and Catch frameworks and provides a built-in test runner together with a powerful UI to investigate test results. It can even generate code for you as you write tests (for Google Test).
– With CLion keep your code documented with ease. Preview the Doxygen-styled docs in the Quick Documentation pop-up, use completion for commands and function parameters, and generate stubs for Doxygen comments.
– Develop for microcontrollers in CLion and benefit from various on-chip debugging options, Peripheral View for ARM devices, and STM32CubeMX integration.
– CLion provides a unified interface for most popular VCS including Subversion, Git, GitHub, Mercurial, CVS, Perforce, and TFS. Meanwhile, local history will save you from unexpected accidents.
– Access the command line through the built-in terminal, switch on Vim-emulation mode together with the Vim key bindings, or expand the IDE’s functionality with other various plugins.